WaveFly will never steal, sell or do anything sketchy with your personal information. Protecting your privacy is one of our top priorities.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
When you subscribe to our service, we collect contact information from you, including your name, physical address, billing address (if different from service address), telephone number, email address, and the username and password used to establish your account with us. We may also collect your credit card number, expiration date, and CVV through a third party payment processor.
We may also keep information in our records about your communications with us, such as when you contact WaveFly customer care or otherwise correspond with us, or if you respond to WaveFly surveys.
We may collect certain technical information about your use of the service for four purposes: 1) to route your traffic to and from the Internet; 2) to ensure quality of service and security, and manage our network; 3) to provide customer care; and 4) to comply with lawful government requests.
This information includes:
- Your IP address. An IP address is a necessary identifier for you to access the Internet.
- Device Information: we collect the MAC addresses of devices that connect to your Wi-Fi network, which we primarily use to provide customer care.
- Speed Test Information: if you run a speed test on your WaveFly third-party Wi-Fi router (or through the mobile app), we collect the results, including the download speed, upload speed, and ping roundtrip time. We also collect this information for network monitoring purposes.
- Data Consumption: we may keep a record of the amount of data that you use for our own network management purposes.
- Outage Alerting: your WaveFly third-party Wi-Fi router may alert our customer care team that it is experiencing an Internet outage.
- URLs: we do not store any web browsing information, but we do have to collect the uniform resource locator and IP address that you direct your web browser to connect to in order to route your traffic to a selected website.
- Fixed Location Information: we may associate your IP address with your physical address.
REMOVAL FROM MARKETING
We collect information on forms on our Website with your consent. We strive to be as clear as possible about the information we collect. If you sign up for marketing emails, you may opt out via the instructions included in any promotional message. Even if you opt-out of receiving our marketing messages, we will continue to send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions and information about any services we provide you.
SECURITY AND STORAGE
We are committed to maintaining the security of your Personal Information and take what we believe are reasonable and industry-recognized safeguards designed to protect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, disclosure or use. Nevertheless, transmissions over the Internet are never entirely secure and we cannot guarantee the security or the preservation of the integrity of any transmitted data. Please consider this fact before transmitting via the Website any Personal Information or information that you consider confidential.
The Personal Information we collect may be stored and processed in servers in the United States and in accordance with local laws. By submitting or registering Personal Information via the Website you consent to such storage and processing in such locations.
We will keep Personal Information about you for as long as we provide solutions to you, or as long as we are addressing a concern, question, complaint, or request you have made to us, as applicable to our interactions with you. We may keep data longer if we have a legal obligation to keep it or to maintain necessary records for legal, financial, compliance, or other reporting obligations, and to enforce our rights and agreements. We also may keep data about you for statistical analysis or research purposes.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
REVISIONS AND UPDATES
Last updated: March 25, 2022